I need social media & content development help to promote GOING SOCIAL before it arrives on shelves and online this fall, so I thought I’d develop an internship! Folks, I’d love to really get this out there and find a star in the making that I can really help grow. While I need some grassroots help, it’s very important to me to help the right person grow.
Do you know anyone who this might be a fit for? Description below:
Intern: Social Media & Content Development
Looking for an unconventional internship that can really build your knowledge base? Look no further. Jeremy Goldman, serial entrepreneur and social media & communications veteran marketer, is currently seeking a non-paid intern based in or around New York City to support the prelaunch campaign for his coming book, GOING SOCIAL, a social media how-to for business.
- Developing blog content, including copyediting and copywriting
- Assisting Mr. Goldman with media alerts and press releases; getting them to the right sources
- Working on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, more) to gain exposure
- Media outreach and finding new PR sources
- Compiling press clippings
- Contacting the featured events, companies, people, etc. featured in our blog articles for link backs
- Establishing relationships with other blogs and relevant contacts
Job Requirements Include:
- A high interest in social media & learning “what’s next”!
- A willingness to learn & become a superstar
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing/verbal communications skills
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines is key
Bonus points if you’re:
- Personable and outgoing
- Familiar with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced with WordPress
Hours: Flexible based on the candidate. The right candidate will have the ability to work remotely, with check-ins throughout the week and an in-person status meeting once weekly. Minimum of 3 days per week, inclusive of weekends, with days being negotiable.
Here’s what you get in return:
- A considerable amount of practical, highly marketable job experience.
- Career assistance: I make it a point to develop people and introduce them to contacts who can help them further their career.
- Weekly status (coffee, food, or anything else) will be fully covered for you
- While unpaid, this program can be for school credit or experience purposes.
To be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume. Please feel free to include a cover letter or simply tell us a little about yourself when you submit your resume, including what you would hope to get out of such an internship. Include any links to social networking sites you feel appropriate (blog, facebook, twitter, etc.)